Sunday, July 23, 2017

Deep thoughts

I have been contemplating my state of old friends over the last few days. I still have people I miss from my old life. They are not bad and I am not angry with them as much as I am sad they have chosen not to include me in the present. It has been a hard lesson to learn they are part of the past and not part of my future. It has been hard to realize that others have been included over me. It has been tough to realize that some of these people think badly of me when I did not do them any harm. It is tough knowing people think that I would do anything to harm them. I'm not saying I haven't made mistakes because I know I have.  But, I am amazed how some people act badly and stir pots and still come out smelling rosy. Each day I focus my eyes on the Lord, my husband, my church, my new life. However sometimes it's hard not to look back.

My life needs to belong to the Lord. It has to be about the future. We just found out our pasture is leaving us in a month. I have no idea who comes next but I am unbelievably sad. Jess McCabe has brought me back to church. Well, michael did but Jess has inspired me with his words and filled my heart with His word.

My life has gone in a new direction and continues to take me on a new path but sometimes I still miss those old friends and wish they would come back. 

2 comments:

Val said...

It was good to get away with Lucy last weekend, even if it was a "forced march" type quick road trip!
I know Lucy still has hurt feelings over how few of her "friends" came to check up on her, or hell, even send a stinking text message! after she broke her hip... I felt bad that I could not do more, but I was just too far away (see my other notes re: clinic, parents, son, husband)
She is still fairly crippled bcz it healed a little "crooked" & her body seems to be trying to reject the implants. Recent MRI shows no displacement but she still has pain over the bone screws - her original surgeon has moved on to greener pastures & new dr doesn't want to remove implants. I told her I'd kept looking until she found a surgeon who would!
Anyway, with my regular "happy hour/dinner buddies" we are lucky if we get together every 3 or 4 mos - scheduling is so difficult!
Lisa, Terri, & I all have aging parents, lots of work commitments & "almost grown" children that still need us... But we have to toast each other figuratively a lot of the time!!!

Alice Perryman said...

I had a group like that. I live a little far away and would have to stay over to have happy hour. If you ever want to come ride let me. We should camp together. I realize now how hard I worked to keep the group going. I don't want to anymore.

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...