Saturday, February 24, 2018

Making a change

I am once again realizing how hard it is to get people to see you the way you see yourself. Somehow I have left people with the idea that because I am gregarious that I am less business like.  What I find interesting is that I know people who are very talkative..at least or more talkative than I am, but they don't  have the same reputation. 

I want to quit caring about how other people see me. I want to be the person outwardly I am inside. I don't like to feel uncertain of myself. I am actually pretty comfortable with myself but then when I exhibit my confidence and competence I end up running up against resistance. It's as though I am threatening when I'm confident and sure. I find myself wondering why people feel like they can question me about things that I know are correct. I don't mean normal dialog but actual confrontation when I don't have the same agenda. 

What makes one person more respected than another? I wish there was a class I could take to learn how to be more respected and for my words to carry more weight. Over the years I have grown quieter and quieter but people still find me to be overly chatty. After awhile I had to say that this is who I am, take me or leave me. Now I just need to learn not to care. 

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...