Monday, November 5, 2007

Surrounded by Babies

Peter's brother recently had a baby and now he likes the idea of one too. He has not asked me to do this, he just gets a little nostaligic and thinks he would have enjoyed having a baby of his own. Of course, I think on it a little and it would be OK...but I can't get past the graduating the kid from college in my 60's when I'd like to be out having fun! Lots of people do it at our age, either by accident or on purpose, but I just don't think it's for me.

I do think that having a baby with Peter would be nice. I just can't imagine starting over now. I work with so many kids who have problems and Down's Syndrome especially, that it's hard to really consider it. I hate that I feel this way b/c I know he'd really like to have a baby to be a dad to. At the same time, I'm not sure that he would really enjoy the whole baby thing as much as he thinks he would. And, I'm working and liking working.

I have several friends who really want to have more kids and I think it would be great. Then I can play with their babies and then give them back!

Anyway, that's my random thought for the day.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...