Friday, October 6, 2017

Moving on...

This has been an ugly week of sickness and coughing. I missed an entire week of work because of cough and fever and possible flu. And I really thought I'd be ok by today but tonight I spiked a new fever. I'm frustrated because I went to the doctor on Tuesday for a follow up on my arm and I was already sick. I asked the doctor to check my chest and I told him that though my temp was only 98.6 that it was high for me and that my normal temp is 97.7. He did not listen to me or take any of that into account. I guess he couldn't check me out for something else since I was there for my arm. I will be changing doctors when this is over because I'm pretty sure I have had pneumonia the whole time. I have resorted to bourbon for my cough, muscinex and hot showers to feel better.  

On Thursday of this week I received a text from my boss  asking me to clean out my room because my arm isn't healing as fast as we'd hoped. Actually the doctor reported that it was more painful than he'd expect and the chip looks worse on the X-ray but that my strength and ROM are good. There is no reason for me to quit massaging. In fact I give massages to my handicapped kids all the time and this is not an issue. . To receive a text when I was already down and out was pretty discouraging. 

I've been told I can return once I'm healed. I suspect I won't. I can fill in if they need me but honestly i prefer to not be on call. I hate having to get ready for work at 9am even if I have no clients. because I might have clients. I don't mind a bit to have someone scheduled and then hang out but I have done it. I loved working there but I'm never going to be the Ft person she really needs or wants. I just have ever so much more pressure BC there aren't going to be weeks where I can make extra money. 

So now I pick up some new clients. I add to my outcalls. I see more yes waiver and Dssw clients. I spend more time with my husband. This makes me happy. 

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...