Sunday, April 1, 2018

He is Risen

"And when they came unto the place which is called The skull, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand and the other on the left."
‭‭Luke‬ ‭23:33‬ ‭ASV‬‬

Jesus became the sacrificial lamb and the scapegoat for the world

 From Wikipedia In the Bible, a scapegoat is an animal which is ritually burdened with the sins of others then driven away. The concept first appears in Leviticus, in which a goat is designated to be cast into the desert to carry away the sins of the community.

Pilot thought he could save Jesus by having him whipped. He believed that the people would be appeased if he was whipped. He thought he could save Jesus from crucifiction. But the crowd was not satisfied and demanded Jesus be crucified. 

There has never been another man like Jesus. 

I started my Easter in a bad frame of mine. There has been so much family stuff going on that michael and I are tired of dealing with. I know I have come to be the bad guy and I'm just not. Michael is living the life he wants to be living and I am his wife and partner. I have in no way pushed or encouraged him to make the choices he makes now. People believing that I'm somehow behind it doesn't give Michael justice for the smart man he is. I had someone tell me that they didn't want to be in the middle. However they already heard the 'other side' so not being in the middle on,y means they've a,ready taken the other side. The whole situation is hurtful and has gotten old. 

Singing this morning did help my frame of mind but I continue to stew. Thinking about the thieves at the cross I'm realizing that this situation is a thief to our path. Michael and I know where we are going. We would love to have our family with us and share time with them but we also know that the Lord must dictate our paths and not the wishes on man. 

Michael spent his whole life in a loving marriage and he was devastated when he lost his wife to kidney disease. He says that he never knew that he could find love again and he's happy again. This is such a tribute to Becky. I appreciate her so much. She taught him how to be a loving husband. I just wish that we could share our happiness and our holidays with children who won't come to visit. 


No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...