Monday, May 16, 2011

Wimberley Wayfarer

I always mean to blog about my rides and I never manage to actually get it done till it's kind of over with.  I will start with the end of the story where I talk about how sore I am, but not tired this time and wish that I could figure out a way not to be so muscle sore. Please send suggestions! I'm not miserable like I was last fall at Robber's Route, but I still need to figure out what I need to do about the muscle soreness. I think the answer may be working out at the gym and trying to take some equitation lessons. More on this later.

I had the pleasure of getting to ride with Jennifer Masters this weekend. She had said that she wanted to ride alone earlier in the week so I was going to go out in the back by myself. But, after a series of trail mishaps which kept bringing us back together, she decided that riding together was OK. I let her go first on all the obstacles because she said her horse does better that way. It was fine with me. I need to practice going second, or last or whatever, since Liberty isn't very patient.  This didn't go well the first day, but the second day he was more attentive while we waited.  we had lots of opportunity to trot fast and canter. I can tell that his recent adjustment has put the sparkle back in Liberty as he never offered to buck or spook or misbehave in any way.  I could not have had a better weekend.  At the end of the weekend we were second in Horsemanship and First in Horse.  We had respectable scores with some stupidity points for restlessness that would have been  a killer in a bigger class...but at the end of the day, I'll take it. Management did a great job of taking care of everything. the food was great, the company fine! Well done!

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...