Sunday, December 18, 2011

Crunch time

This week leading up to Christmas promises to be busy. I did most of my shopping online yesterday so I'm covered there. Tomorrow I will get a few things wrapped and in the mail but except for a few small things I'm done shopping. We have really pared down our gift giving and I think that's so much better. No crafting for me this year. I have been too busy working.

This week the boss from Chicago is in. He is going to ride with me on Tuesday. I'm both nervous and excited about it. I hope it's a good sign that he is observing me. My friend who I have been filling for will be returning soon but I really hope they keep me on in some capacity. Not just because I'm earning more money. Especially because I love the job.

Saturday wasn't a good horse day. I haven't been on a horse in 2 weeks and I'm missing it bad. I was going to ride on Saturday but we never got past the bridling. I have a new bridle on order from nancy mitts at Stablegear tack to solve one more problem. Maggie has decided that she won't ride Liberty the rest of the season. She just doesn't like him enough. So it's Liberty who will get a break since I'm going to stick with Olympus.

I really miss sewing. I hope I get to do some this winter but I suspect that free time is in a short supply temporarily. As I get more comfortable working the new job I'm sure I'll find free time. I hope to get back to the gym this week because I'm tired of not being physically active. Gotta start working through to get on a triathlon path again.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...