Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Developing a career

I have been reading the book Business Boutique, which is a guide to women growing their business. One of the chapters has been talking about taking personality inventories to help find your strengths and she has five questions she asks to help you discover what you do well. 

I don’t know why I always wanting to reinvent myself. I onmy know that while I have achieved a reasonable financial success it comes with a huge time cost. Like everyone else in the works I want to make more money and work less. Or in my case at least travel less. 

Question 1: what do I enjoy? 

Well horses of course. Anything horse related. I like to take care of them, ride them, read about them, hang out with them. I have enjoyed teaching lessons in the past but when I have done it lately I doubt my efficacy as a teacher. I think this is BC I end up being confused by a bunch of kids at once and I do better 1 on 1. I also think it’s BC my horses aren’t great school horses. Or maybe the kids have fear. However I do believe I could be really happy with a horse business of some kind. 

I also love to sing. This is good since part of what I do is sing for a living. Part of what I do is just to sing for fun. 

I like to sew and make things, especially if I’m making them for horses. 

Question 2 :  where do I excel? 

I think I’m good at singing and music. I’m good with people. I’m a good investigator and I love doing research especially about animals. I’m intuitive and I can usually know what a person is feeling, physically and mentally, before they tell me. I’m good at crafts and crocheting and knitting. 

Question 3: what do others encourage in you?  

Singing . Crafts. People keep asking me to make riding tights like I used to back in the day. I a, asked to teach riding lessons frequently. 

Question 4 what comes effortlessly?

I over think things so hard I never feel like things are effortless. Working with special needs kids and adults in easy. I don’t find it to be hard. I love to sing and ride my horses but I’m not as skilled as I’d like to be 

 Being with people, keeping them on task and organized 

Question 5:  What gives me energy ?

This would definitely be singing, organizing and horses. All the traveling wears on me. I wish I could from home all the time, but the money is too good traveling. 

So this is where I had commentary that got erased. Ugh. 

I’m pretty sure there isn’t any job I’d like better unless it was doing what I’m doing without the traveling. So it seems like my goal should be to build a business that comes to me. 

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...