Sunday, August 19, 2018

Four w’s. Sermon notes

Wowed...when we are rescued we are part of the kingdom of the Lord. We realize that we are separated from God by our sin and we are now rescued by Christ. We would have been separated from God for an eternity if we had not accepted Christ 

Worship.  We gather together to worship together. 

Witness. Have passion about our witness.  When was the last time we shared our faith with a nonbeliever?

War...we are building the kingdom. 

"And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jonah: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father who is in heaven. And I also say unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it."
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭16:17-18‬ ‭ASV‬‬

"And Paul and Barnabas spake out boldly, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first be spoken to you. Seeing ye thrust it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles."
‭‭Acts‬ ‭13:46‬ ‭ASV‬‬

Many of us may not be part of the four w's because we have been hurt by someone in that church. They are living with hurt. 

Many of us are living with hurt or divorce or a rebellious child. Maybe we are living with addiction. 

Sometimes we have decided we feel or are unworthy because of the behavior of others. 

"He cried aloud, and said thus, Hew down the tree, and cut off its branches, shake off its leaves, and scatter its fruit: let the beasts get away from under it, and the fowls from its branches. Nevertheless leave the stump of its roots in the earth, even with a band of iron and brass, in the tender grass of the field; and let it be wet with the dew of heaven: and let his portion be with the beasts in the grass of the earth: let his heart be changed from man's, and let a beast's heart be given unto him; and let seven times pass over him."
‭‭Daniel‬ ‭4:14-16‬ ‭ASV‬‬

God is not just the God of what you've lost. He is the God of what we have left. 

This is a huge lesson for me today. I have spent the last week and partof the last couple years missing what I have lost and trying to hold on to things I have lost. It is time to rejoice what I have and where I am going.  It's time to leave behind the people and things that hurt. It doesn't mean I need to forget how I have been treated. I probably need to make an apology for my behavior when I was hurt. I am still hurt. And I can't completely repent of my behavior which is why I haven't apologized. In the discussion of hurt feelings there was no repentance on the part of the others. And I was told that there was 'glee ' from others over my hurt. That amazes me. I'm sure it's true. I know who I told. And I have a pretty good idea who might be gleeful.  Again these people are not my people. I am embarrassed at how long I hung around people who didn't want me around. I also hate that I have to be around these people in the coming weeks. There is no avoiding it. 

Our history is. It our destiny with almight God. Quit going back and being a historian specially in our marriages. 

Not sure how to not be a historian and let bad feelings go without remembering not to let too much of my heart go at the same time. Sometimes being a historian saves pain.   It is hard to let it go because I want those relationships restore. But I found in all this that it's time to go forward. Not everyone is hateful but I need to pick and choose my friends more carefully.  I wish I could find a way not to care. 

Job still had his voice. Even after he took everything else away. He used everything else. Focus on what was left. 

Noah was told to focus on what was left. Noah had 8 people. That was all that was left. 

God wants to use what's left. It's because of the way we are living. We are always thinking about the shame in our flaws. Give him glory for what's left. 

I'm at war with myself. I want the life I have now. But I also want my friends. Or maybe it's that I want those people to actually be my friend. I want one of those people to stand up for me (not going to happen) I want to feel comfortable in my own skin and not care that I've been ditched. I want to be missed. Just a little. It's not going to happen. 

Or at least I'd be surprised if it did. 

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...