Sunday, December 23, 2018

Jesus is our Savior

"for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord."

‭‭Luke‬ ‭2:11‬ ‭NASB‬‬

  • Jesus saves us from our sin. He does not save us in our sin. 
  • He went to the cross so he could save us from our sin 
  • He is not mad at us. He is mad about us. 
If you feel shame that is from the evil one not from God. 

The first gift. Total and complete forgiveness. 

  • We often won’t forgive ourselves so we can not believe that Jesus forgives us. Pride stops us from from forgiving myself. (Personal note--I think maybe I have finally learned how to do this. )

The second gift is peace. 


  • "Those who love Your law have great peace, And nothing causes them to stumble."‭‭Psalms‬ ‭119:165‬ ‭NASB‬. 
  • Jesus is the Prince of peace. "Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance. The Lord be with you all!"‭‭.      2 Thessalonians‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭NASB‬.    
  • Three things that steal my peace. Guilt and grief and grudges will put me in my home made grave. (Personal Note...grudges can be hard. I will feel like I have given up a grudge and then I, reminded of it again. I am making an effort to give up the anger I have been feeling from the summer and let go of the hurt.). These three things turn into resentment. (Personal Note...yup I recently wrote a letter to provide some closure for myself and while I’m happy to have it behind me but I need to let go of the anger and resentment. I like to talk these things out and I realize that not everyone does. A lot of people just like to let it go ). 
  • "Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."  Acts‬ ‭2:38‬ ‭NASB‬‬


No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...