Sunday, December 16, 2018

Secrets of the right path (psalm 23) sermon notes from Sunday 

A. Who do I let in my life.  

  • Some people will just be in my life because we share DNA. be around people who have s teachable spirit and can teach us. 
  • If they discourage you and speak death into your life banish them from your life. 
  • We should be around people who minister to us who we can minister to. 

B. Make sure you know who to honor

  • Every sin in our life deals with honor or lack of honor in our life. 
  • Am I submitting myself to the authority of God’s word. 
  • Am I going to honor my spouse ?  
C. Control your thought life 

  • Romans 12:2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."
  • Speak what you expect 
  • Stay away from negaholics. 
  • Luke 6:45 "The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart."
  • Matthew 15:19-20 "For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. These are the things which defile the man; but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man.""
D. Excel in your present task 

  • Put it in your mind and heart that we are going to do the very best job we can at whatever we do. 
  • Don’t get In a hurry. 
E. Is God pleased with the direction I am going. Do I have the nod of God

  • "I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you." ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭32:8‬ ‭NASB
  • ‭‭If you have the spirit of disruption you should settle down so that God had time to work on us and give us peace 
  • Never make a decision without a Godly counsel. 
  • Where there is no counsel people fall proverbs 11:14
  • Psalm 1:1. "How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!"
  • ‭‭Watch God bless you so you can stay on the right trail. 
https://www.facebook.com/kara.lively.5/videos/1136104753233562/


No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...