Tuesday, July 22, 2008

On barefoot horses

I am wishing I had broken my no shoeing rule for riding this week. Liberty is handling it well but Dixie got tender on the rocks the first day. I have a farrier coming to shoe her tomorrow. Had I known that she would be tender (or Liberty too for that matter) I would have made a bigger effort to try boots before leaving home. But I didn't and it seems so unfair to make her work over these rocks she's not used to. I have boots for Liberty but they are too big. I understand why barefoot is best but right now I just want to ride without them being in pain.

Maggie and Dixie are doing great. Maggie wants to buy her.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...