Sunday, September 24, 2017

Eternal Hope and God's Grace

John 3:16. For God so loved the World that He gave us his only begotten so. So that we would not perish but have ever lasting life. 

It is the one simple truth we need to know to bring people to Christ. 

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;"
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:8‬ ‭NASB‬‬

Faith is trusting in someone. God is our safety net. If we need to jump and don't trust him we will never know He was there for us. 

1 John‬ ‭3:1‬ -3NASB
"See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him."
"Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is."
"And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure."
‭‭
If we have no hope we are easily moved by Satan. 

I am a child of God. I am becoming more like God. We take in God's Grace and this gives us hope 

"But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation."
‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:8‬ ‭NASB‬‬

Oops, he said sober. So sometimes I fail in this endeavor. Of course he means serious not sober but both are important. 

Are we wearing our helmets? Yes I always wear my helmet when I'm riding but do I keep it on all the time and the answer is not always. 

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...