Sunday, September 17, 2017

Our Christian Walk--sermon notes. Jerry Feller speaking

Ephesians 5:1-2. Therefore be imitations of God as beloved children and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.

We often find it's easier to forgive some people than it is either. Until we learn to forgive everyone we can't walk with God in every way. 

Christ died so we could all be forgiven for everything and we should do the same. 

Ephesians 2:8-10. For by grace you have been through faith; it is a gift from God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship,  rested in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk with him. 

I have a situation like this now. We have someone we are doing something for and sometimes I find I don't like this person very much but yet I know that God has out it in our hearts to help this person. I was struggling with this just today because this person has really made me angry but God has placed it in my heart to be there for her. This is powerful message for me today. I have know we were on the right path. I just have to get past my personal bad feelings and stay on the right path. There is a reason they were placed in my life. I need to remember that. Sometimes we have to just keep digging and giving to get where we are supposed to be. 

I have another friend struggling in a relationship and friend's whose husbands are sick. This is also a powerful message for them. Don't give up. Just keep going. 

Sometimes we have to stop and slow down and that is part of our Christian walk as well. Slow down and listen. Stop and listen to what God is really telling us. I feel like that is what God said to me about my broken arm. It was time to slow down and wait. 

Allow God's will and not your own. Sometimes it's hard to know if what we are doing or thinking is what God wants done. Don't let the enemy have your mind. Keep your mind clear with your heart. Sometimes when people don't behave the way we want it's easy to let the enemy take us over. 

Ephesians 4:17-32


We have to leave here and go care about people. Even if we don't like them very much. This is so hard for me. I have people that do me wrong and I spend so much time going back and forth between wanting to kick them and wanting them back in my life as friends. So much better to love people like Jesus loved us even when we are wronged. 

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...