Sunday, July 8, 2018

Why do people not come to church ?

"But when he came to himself he said, How many hired servants of my father’s have bread enough and to spare, and I perish here with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight: I am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father. But while he was yet afar off, his father saw him, and was moved with compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him."

‭‭Luke‬ ‭15:17-20‬ ‭ASV‬‬

http://bible.com/12/luk.15.17-20.asv

If we are going to do church right it’s going to be messy. 

Excuse 1. I don’t look anything like those folks at church so I’m just not going to go I don’t want to stand out and be that different. I’m not going to change so there is no reason for me to come to church. 

Excuse 2.  Church people are too fake. People aren’t real when they are in church. 

Excuse  3. You might ask me to do something I don’t want to do like pray out loud or read the Bible. 


Well I had written a ton more but it somehow none of it saved. I’m so upset. It was a really great sermon. I’ll add a link to the sermon when it comes


 Sermon from 7-8



No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...