Friday, October 3, 2008

Off to the ride

Today will be a busy day. It's 8am and my truck is packed (reminds me of a song...all my bags are packed, I'm ready to go) Maggie is still sleeping, as is Peter (he has been sick) and I'm sitting here drinking coffee and thinking about cooking breakfast. I have a job interview down the street at 9:30 and I have to see Dr. Flint at 11. I also am seeing Jackie to pick up her Orthoflex Saddle. She is selling it for a great price and Maggie loves this saddle...so I'm going to give it to her. Ok, well, I love it too and I can probably ride in it occasionally also. I wish I could buy her daughter's instead as it has a 16 inch seat, but that one is locked inside Natalie's trailer, so the 15 will have to do.

I stand corrected...Peter is not asleep. He is up and dressed for the day.

Then we will leave for the CTR at the grasslands. I wasn't going to go. I resisted going all week. Not even so much for money reasons as just that we have been so busy, it really sounded like a great weekend to be home. The lure of nice weather talked me into going (unfortunately, they now say it's going to be in the 90's for the weekend, GRRR) and we signed up. I also found out that Maggie's points from her other two rides place her in 5th in the novice jr. division and Dixie's one ride for 1st place with Jena garnished her another 16 points, so if Maggie does 2 rides on Dixie she could place for horse and if she does 1 more ride minimum for herself she might place in horsemanship. So, I figured, what the heck.

For myself, there are so many people in my division, I'm just along for the joy ride. I Hope not to get pulled or held and beyond that I will just have a good time!

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...