Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Blob

As I was typing in the address of the website I got to thinking that I should be typing blobber.com instead of blogger.com based on how I was feeling after eating supper.

I had a reasonably good eating day until the very end. I started with a small portion of supper, wasn't full, ate a tad more, waited some more and then had the ice cream I had intended to eat. Somewhere along the way, I ate too much. I know that I'm partially feeling heavy b/c of hormones and what they do to a girl, but I also know the last two weeks (and quite frankly, most of the winter) I have not been exercising as much as I wanted.

Today I didn't make it to Yoga b/c I was feeling sniffly and it was snowing and I just didn't want to face being outside. Tonight, we didn't make it to Pilates and I didn't lift weights b/c we're both feeling a little yucky and it was late when I got home from the grocery and it was too quick after eating to go exercise. Yesterday, I didn't make it to Zumba b/c I was cooking dinner and then my client called to cancel and I didn't have to leave the house at all. Now, the days before that were filled with hiking and riding, so at least the last few days haven't been a total bust. I was going to lift weights and do my Wii fit here at home (still might) but I put on PJ's and got comfortable...it's always hard to make a comeback from comfortable.

My weight, now that I'm on Medifast transition to real food, has been slowly creeping up. This is NOT good. But, I find when I eat more than 1200 calories in a day I gain weight. I just don't see how I can continue to exist on less than 1200 calories a day. I'm hungry all the time and when I exercise it's worse. I don't understand how i can be so active and eat reasonably healthy and still have a weight problem. I'm exploring the possibility that i might have an underlying undiagnosed thyroid issue. Of course, all my tests say I'm normal, but I'm not convinced.

I wish i could have weight loss surgery. I have a friend who had it and she is never hungry. She eats a tiny plate of food on schedule several times per day. I would love for that to happen for me. I can't imagine going through the rest of life being hungry. I suspect I will have to exercise like a maniac so I can eat before I can be hungry every day.

Anyway...it's always easy to beat up on yourself when you are drug down by the weather and the sniffles anyway. Tomorrow is a new day and I'll get right back on top of it.

Oh, and I didn't go over my calorie range by much...1600 for the day. I'm supposed to eat 1550. I suspect I burned up 50 calories doing chores.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...