Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Acupuncture


Yesterday I went to see an acupuncturist to work on my eating and diet. The woman that I found is a nurse practitioner along with being certified in Chinese medicine. We talked about my past food allergies that I have been ignoring and she believes that they could help me hang on to weight. So, I am back off corn (as of tomorrow, and as much as possible since corn is in everything) but I am also off dairy. I'm also off peanuts because they have a negative affect on the thyroid as do other legumes. I'm taking extra iodine to stimulate the thyroid and she did a balancing acupunture on my my body with emphasis on digestion. It was very relaxing. I go back in a couple weeks and I have to bring her a food diary. I am also supposed to get on bile salts since I no longer have a gallbladder (personally, I'm not so sure losing my gallbladder is that big of a deal, but naturopath people always think that anything we do to alter our bodies can be a problem) So, I got the corn out of the house tonight, but I started to realize how limiting all this stuff is. I'm really going to have to watch what I eat. Corn is in everything. I'm sad to give up dairy...I'm not supposed to have soy either (it's a legume) I did pick up some almond milk and some coconut milk to take on my trip next week. I don't figure they'll have those items at the tiny grocery store in Bismarck, Ark. I also have come to realize that I don't have to be perfect all the time. I should eliminate as much as possible as often as possible.  I am NOT going to make everyone around me miserable with my food issues. I'm just going to do the best I can with the tools I have. For example, she said I could still have cream in my coffee if I really like it, as long as I eliminate the other milk.  I think i can manage this.  I may be able to go back to drinking it black most times too.  I am collecting websites that deal with corn allergies so I can have a comprehensive list of what I need to avoid.  I'm not saying I will never eat popcorn or corn on the cob again. i just know that there is a price to pay if I do. I need to get all the way off all of it, so I know how I feel to have that stuff out of my system.

Maggie's puppy is great.  I'm going to be happy to give over baby duty though. I did it last year with Bonnie. I'm over it.


She will be back from Nantucket on Friday. Then Saturday we will take Fiera to Sprites where she will board while we're gone. We're planning to take Tonka with us to Arkansas. I suspect we'll load her and take her to Sprite's as a trial run. I sure don't want to get to Sunday and find out she won't load :-O

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Al this the cordingley family in australia. I'm David Wassall grandaughter Maggie we where just reading your blogs. we all think its pretty cool what your doing and look forward to reading more. good luck

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...