Sunday, June 26, 2011

Maggie home from camp

I'm thinking of getting a $150 pool this week, haven't decided yet for sure. If I do, I'll use my gas $$ that I save not driving somewhere to camp over the 4th. Since I had been thinking of going to Stillwater to ride for the weekend, it ought to be cheaper to buy a pool. Peter says he is worried about the cost of chemicals but I don't see how it can be that bad.

I have started training for a triathlon. I'm training modestly. At the moment I'm alternating between swimming and running each 3 days per week and doing a Jillian Michaels circuit training routine. I was surprisingly able to do 3 times of running last week. I say surprisingly because I really hate to run. Or at least have in the past. I'm using an app I got for my iPhone called couch to 5k. I can play my own music and a little voice comes on and tells me when to walk and when to run. last week it was running a minute and walking 90 seconds. This week it's running 90 seconds and walking 2 minutes. I'm at the gym on a treadmill. I have trouble with shin splints and pacing so this was the best way for me to start. I am super proud of myself because yesterday I went to the gym in the evening to workout after picking up Maggie from camp, being up early and driving all day. Today I plan to swim and start my biking. We may also play tennis. I may ride tonight. I decided that since I was probably going to keep eating too much i should burn calories at the other end i have actually improved my eating since I began the working out. A sprint triathlon isn't very far. It's half mile swim, a 15 mile bike and a 5k run all back to back. Very doable. I want Maggie to do it with me but she doesn't want to. Having a pool would play nicely since I could do some weights in the water and tread water.

Maggie had a great time at camp. She won a beta fish for being the best team player in her cabin. This shocked u's both. She managed to spend a whole week with 3 other girls in the heat and not lose her cool. Quite a feat for an only child. Her friend, Michaela, decided to stay for horse camp. Maggie was torn but wanted to come home. Thought she plans to go for two weeks next year and I have her paperwork to sign her up on the early bird special. It was a great experience for her.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...