Sunday, February 15, 2009

Powerful sermon today

Today Pastor Kathy spoke about the old testament story of Namaan and his healing of leprosy by Elisha. This was paired with a reading fro Mark where Jesus healed the leper and told him to tell no one except the priests and he told everyone anyway. The point of the sermon was that God will heal or not heal, but He will do it in his own time and his own way. We can give God ultimatums and tell Him how we want things done, but He will do His will in his own time and until we turn over our will to Him we will see little success. This was a message I needed to hear as I have been struggling with where I am headed, though recently I have become more sure of my path.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...