Thursday, February 26, 2009

Beautiful day

Maggie went to our field after school today and got the horses ready so we could have a quick ride before the busy weekend. I rode Liberty in a snaffle and the dressage saddle and he did great. He is starting to stretch through his back and round himself for a stride or two, but he still gnaws on the bit. However, today he was really relaxed and I figured out some things to do to help him around the sticky circles whe he throws out his shoulder. He will now leg yield both directions with minimal excitement at home.

Maggie worked on backing Dixie and that was tricky but she had improvement. Dixie is learning to relax her topline as well and looked great.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...