Thursday, April 5, 2012

Finally, a day off

I have been going 10 miles a second, or maybe faster in the last couple months.  I just can't seem to find any free time.  I don't actually have free time really today, but I'm reaching out and grabbing some.  This week has been weird. I rode a NATRC ride this past weekend (Liberty got second and Maggie got first) and was so tired from my open ride. I remembered why I had stopped riding open because I'm always so wrecked after the ride.  Monday morning my client canceled and then Monday afternoon the next one canceled. I still had to see a couple people, but it made the day light. Then Tuesday we had tornadoes and I couldn't see clients then.  Then Wednesday I had to take Maggie to the airport.  So, I had to skip out on clients that morning, and honestly, I wasn't feeling so hot...just not myself.  So here we are at Thursday and I have done very little work this week. Not going to be a profitable week, but maybe I have let some of my stress go.  I just feel like I'm worried and over scheduled.  I don't know why I feel this way. I have free time, but I have so much that needs to be done in that free time that I feel like I can never get caught up.  When I'm sitting still I think I should be doing something, so I never really chill out.  Even as I sit down to write this blog post, I keep thinking of things I should be doing and I stop to pay bills, write notes, etc.

I finally started getting back to the gym again after working for seasons and being so busy.  Almost immediately after getting back to running and being so happy that I wasn't too tired and was still in great shape, my foot pain started. First it hurt in my arch and I massaged it out, bought in soles, changed shoes, etc. Then I saw the acupuncturist which took the pain out of my arch and moved it back to my heel. Then I went back and we worked on my heel and it hasn't been any better.  So yesterday I finally went to a podiatrist who injected it with cortisone. Boy, did that hurt! It's a little bruised feeling now, but so much better than it was. I go back in 2 weeks. He says that it will take up to 3 injections to make it go away completely.  He says he can make me orthotics for  under $300 and I will probably have that done.  I just want my foot to feel better!

In a little bit I need to get going. I took a friend's horse to a CTR last weekend and I need to return her horse and go for a short ride.  I'm not sure which horse I will take. I had sort of planned to talk myself into taking Fiera, but my friend would rather I didn't. So, I have to decide between Olympus and Liberty...may be that the one I can catch is the one that goes.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...