Saturday, September 15, 2007

Bad EPM Day; good day to ride


This is a photo of me and my friend Karen Haile working with Liberty, a half paso/half arab cross. I am looking at him to be a replacement for Maggie's beloved Deli, who has a bad case of EPM and will never be able to compete again (most likely) He is young and it will be at least a year before she can compete him (in the mean time she can ride Freeley or one of Jackie's horses) but I think he'll be nice. I have a "deal" on him so that he is affordable. This is the first time he'd been ridden in over a year and he was calm as could be. He's got a great personality and is really sweet. I have discussed a time table for picking him up, but I am still reconciling if it's a good idea or not. I suspect it is not, but I also can't imagine her going without a horse to ride for who knows how long.
Deli looked bad today. She was very wobbly on her hind end. I was not encouraged. She was sweet and kind as always and I hugged her tight. Joe is being mean to her. I suspect she's been so mean to him for so long he's getting back at her. I fed Freeley his antibiotics and had to fight Joe Bear off. I think that Zoe is taking his food. I wish that Jackie could find a home for her. That silly little mini keeps taking my pony's feed!

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...