Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Very Windy Day

Today was right out of Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day. It was insanely windy and my little car shook on the road everywhere I drove. There were flash fires everywhere. One of the local stables supposedly had to be evacuated (More on the grass fires here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/440091.html)

I was thinking today about my mom again and thinking about Ice cream. Last night I had Black Walnut Ice Cream. I seem to remember when I was a kid she loved the stuff and I thought it was really gross. I remember that the black walnut ice cream was whiter than vanilla, and since I couldn't read it was how I could tell them apart. I love black walnut ice cream now and eat it every chance I get. I don't think they keep it in stores much.

I have been wearing the sweatshirt mom gave me a bunch. The weather has been cold and it's so cute. People keep telling me how nice it looks on me.

My step-mother (my dad's wife?) also gave me some cool Christmas presents. She gave me a yellow teapot and two mugs and I use them almost every day. She also gave me a lovely, warm quilt that goes with my new couch. I'm grateful for all of it now that the weather is cold and windy.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...