Monday, March 31, 2008

Jerry Jones, Will You Buy My House?

Today on our door step we had a flyer telling us how Jerry Jones is starting to buy up houses in the neighborhood to possibly add to his parking for the new stadium. We have been hearing for months now that we are going to be part of the new entertainment district surrounding the new stadium. Many of my neighbors seem very upset about this.

I say BRING IT ON JERRY! What are these people around us thinking???

Let's do the math: I paid $70K for my house 6 years ago and I owe approximately $65K on it now. Jerry is supposedly "only" paying 2-3 times the market value for the properties. My house is currently valued at $85K on znet. If I got three times what my house is worth, it would be enough to pay off my mortgage, pay off all my consumer debt and give me a sweet little downpayment for the next house which might in theory be my "dream home". Considering that we are chipping away at debt somewhat slowly (though much faster, Praise God, than this time last year) I would welcome the opportunity to sell my house and get the heck out of here. I mean, who in their right mind wants to live in the shadow of the giant monstrosity known as the Cowboys stadium.

So, again, I say BRING IT ON JERRY! COME BUY MY HOUSE!

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...