Saturday, June 16, 2007

Lazy Saturday

I was supposed to ride today, but it rained this morning and continued raining all day. My friend Susan and I were going to meet for a ride, but we ended up having lunch and going shopping instead.



I'm looking for the perfect tent. I want a tent that is warm in the winter, ventilated in the summer and will keep me dry. The salesman at Bass Pro shop says I need to buy the Kelthy Teton 4 and it's just the ticket. New, it is $190, so I"m trying to find someone getting rid of a slightly used one. Some of these tents are really expensive. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I might as well just get a camper shell for my truck.



Maggie is at her dad's for the w/e. I have 2 massages to give tomorrow. This week is looking good. I have a music therapy/massage therapy session to start with a new client, a 15 year old autistic boy, and then the next two weekends I'm doing riding camp for the camp instructor who wants a break. This all comes at a very good time.



My friend Betsy is working on my language patterns. She says I have to quit saying that I need work or money, etc. So, I have been saying I want more students, I want to give more massages, I want to be more successful. I have discovered that this shift in language has made a tremendous difference to my spirit. TO say that I want something is powerful. Kings want things, they don't ask, they demand. Paupers are needy, they need things. It's a bit odd to say "i want" b/c I think we're taught to be more polite than that. Kids are taught to say "may I please" or "I would like" but the words "I want" are strong and forceful, perhaps a bit aggressive. All I know is that this week, things have picked up and I am achieving some of the things I desire.



We're going to start decorating here next week. I'm rearranging furniture and we're going to turn our front room into our family room/tv room. My friend Cat thinks it's too small, but we like the idea of the nice cozy space. We're going to put our office back in the big living room b/c we have so much computer and sewing equipment and we need the room. We're putting our bedroom back in the bedroom, even though the shower is still not working. We are probably going to be doing some plumbing in the next stretch so we can have 2 working bathrooms again. We're going to move all our books into a room to make a library, quiet room. Of course, if we hate it, in another year or six months we'll rearrange again. It's hard to know what to do with the house. We live so close to the Cowboys new stadium, that we're not sure if the neighborhood will survive or if they'll buy it up to build hotels, so it's hard to plan very far ahead. If anyone would give me a large sum of money for my house, I'd sell it tomorrow. I love it here, but don't want to be here when the Cowboys move in.

I talked to Larry. Deli is in with the other mares. She's bred several times and will have an ultrasound in a couple weeks.

This was a good riding week for me. I did some dressage work with Freeley. Who would have known he'd ever be able to canter on a circle. He's come a long way.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...