Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day 2009

We had dinner at church today, as we did last year. It was great fun, with great food. Shawn came too and Peter took several different dishes to share. The best dessert I had was a pumpkin cheesecake, made by our associate pastor's wife. It was to die for! I was very proud of myself and ate only one plate and a few bites of dessert. This evening has been devoted to a little bit of snacking and drinking, but nothing excessive. Shawn and Alexa have come over and we were going to play games together...only the football game interrupted and then it turns out the game they picked only has 4 people, so I opted for my comfy chair in the corner as they are all more invested in games than I am. I was looking forward to playing a couple of the games with more people, but it's clear to me that we need a large, round card table.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Maggie and I hope to ride to the park tomorrow (if we don't just watch TV and be lazy) which we have never done with Liberty and Dixie. It should be fun. I'm kind of chicken about riding through the city, but she has shamed me into giving it a try. I recognize that I'm not in inherent danger, I just get nervous about riding where others are driving. Of course, with all the hunting going on in the Grasslands this weekend, I think taking my chances with a tiny bit of traffic through a residential neighborhood is a safer bet.

Saturday I'm going to Six O to ride with Tracey, Tammy, Kim, Toni...and whoever else is there. I need to call Amy Crane and see if she wants to go. I asked Sprite, but she has hurt her ankle and can't go. Maggie is going to her friend Abby's for the night Friday and then going to the TCU football game on Saturday with Abby.

Sunday will be church and laziness, b/c it's supposed to rain. I also hope to get to Walmart to get my blue shirts and make my bib for the ride next weekend.

I have looked at the weather this coming weekend for Killeen and was not pleased. Saturday is a 60% of rain with a high of only 57 so I will have to make sure we're ready for rainy weather. I told my friend Robin I would pick her up and take her with us, so there may be 3 people crammed into the burb this weekend. However, thanks to Alanna, I have a platform to pack most of my stuff under which will be way, way cool.

I started working with Fiera this week. For two days, I worked her on the circle game for about 10 minutes each day. I broke it up with some yoyo and some arguing about going across water. I have discovered that when she doesn't want to do something, she will kick. She kicked at the whip and the rope on the whip. So I have to work on desensitizing her to the whip. At least she has finally quit running on top of me for the most part. I'm discovering that she's a lot like Liberty was. She is mostly very confident, but she get emotional and tries to jump in my lap for comfort. Most of my early work is invested in getting her to get off me and respect my space. This is actually going quite well. She is licking and chewing and yawning and showing a lot of general understanding.

Today I also did Equine Touch on Dixie and discovered she was having a lot of sensitive areas. She seemed very relieved after I finished with her. She kept itching her nose and yawning and licking and chewing. The chiropractor is ordering her a special pad after we measure her next trip. We are also going to detox her so that we can get her some relief.

I worked at Emerald Hills this am. It was fun. We played with the Rock Band for the Wii. I brought the wrong game though and we didn't have the Beatles. The residents loved beating the drum. I know that the residents really like the programming I provide. Whether I ultimately stay or go, I know that they like me, no matter what I'm being told currently.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...