Sunday, December 27, 2009

Lovely Christmas

Our Christmas plans were interrupted by a freak Texas snow storm. What was originally listed as a small chance of snow, but most likely rain, turned into several inches of snow for some and a couple inches for us. My mom wasn't able to come, and our friend Alexa wasn't able to come. The roads were bad, so we couldn't get out to church. We didn't have any company so we didn't have to cook. It was the most laid back holiday I have ever had. We were disappointed that our friends and family couldn't be with us, but we made the best of it in the aftermath.

Peter gave us a book on teaching a horse to drive...teaching Joe Bear to drive is going to be a goal for the winter. Of course, we will also have to teach ourselves to drive :-) I have been measuring the horses so I know what size harness to buy and I have started reading the book. Peter also got us the Wii Fit Plus which has already proved to be lots of fun.

Today we had lunch with Cat and Jena, which we haven't done for awhile. Then Jena came to the field and she and Maggie rode for awhile. I even got on bareback, which I almost never do! Liberty was fantastic for me as I wiggled into place.

I have no idea what my weigh in will be this week. I had one day of sort of eating Medifast, one day of eating no Medifast and then yesterday mostly back on track...except for movie popcorn yesterday and some hashbrowns at breakfast today. I have been exercising more, so I'm hoping that my extra calories will be offset.

Now Maggie is in her room working and I'm watching the mini-series Alice that I recorded and never watched. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but it's entertaining enough I guess. My friend Amy Martin loved it and kept asking me to watch it so we could talk about it.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...