Sunday, July 4, 2010

Back from Vacation

Maggie and I are home from Arkansas as of last night.  WE came home last evening and were very tired, which is normal for travel.  I made some decisions regarding future travel after this trip.  Maggie is going to Missouri with her Peter on Thursday. I was to drive up the following week and see my dad and go to Liberty...I'm just too tired to do it. I'm broke, and I need to work more than I need to be gone again. And I certainly don't have the gas money.  I will be going, but it's going to have to be in September or October.  Right now, I have become newly focused on paying off bills and working my tush off :-)

The reports on Tonka are very favorable.  I think she's a horse who was trained at some point and then let go. She knows so much.  She trailers well, she neck reins. She works off a rope halter. She has some lateral work, but is a little rusty.  She doesn't seem like she's ever been on the trail though and the terrain did make her nervous. Nervous for her was to snuffle and blink a little, but nothing really phased her.  On the trail she jumped a log she deemed too tall to jump over...surprised us both. She wasn't keen on water the first time, but once she figured out water she loved it. She drank at every stream.  She has lost the crease down her back, but is still at least 100 pounds overweight.  We rode her for not more than an hour at a time. I think she's going to need lots of long, slow distance. It will probably be at least January before she's ready to even walk 10 miles for a TTC.

Today we finally saw Eclipse. It was great fun to watch.  Then we came home and watched Leverage and the first episode of the Good Guys. Jury is still out on The Good Guys, but we love Leverage...

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...