Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Gallbladder surgery

My surgery is scheduled for May 18. Today the hospital called and told me that when I come in for my pre-op blood work, I need to pay the out of pocket portion of the surgery.  I was thinking it might be $800 out of pocket...try double that. They want $1600 up front before I can have the surgery. I told them woman I didn't have $1600 just lying around and would have to cancel. They promptly put me in touch with a nice payment arrangement lady who said that I could give them money over time. I never thought I'd have to pay up front. I was thinking that it would be good if they billed you only after they didn't' kill you.  It seems like this way they could kill you and still have your money?  And the worst part is that this is only the hospital's fee for the day surgery. The doctor and the anesthesiologist will bill me separately. Geesh.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...