Thursday, May 6, 2010

I have an Equine Roommate

I have a new horse in my pasture and a new owner to go with her. The horse's name is Isabelle, or Izzy.  Her owner is a fellow named Greg, who picked up the horse at the Dalworthington Gardens city hall. Evidently, she was a real escape artist and didn't have a great life...though she is a little too well fed.  (this is the story I have pieced together, it may not be completely accurate) So Greg showed up with a horse trailer, as he'd been moving cattle and they thought he was there for the horse.  The woman who owned her said she didn't have the ability to manage her, so Greg owns a horse.  City hall gave him my land lord's number.  Greg called Monte, my land lord, who told him it was completely up to me. He says he can help me with mowing, he has hay, and we can ride Izzy some once she is declared safe and sane. I don't know that we will, but we could. I had planned on fostering a horse so that Fiera could have some company. This is better than fostering since he will pay board on her and help with feeding.  He has a 12 year old son who Maggie met and I think they will get on great. Only problem I foresee is only having 3 riding horses for 4 butts.  I may have to bring Joe Bear back at some point...(don't worry, Sprite, not soon)

Maggie went to homeschool day at Six Flags today with Laura and Allyson and they went out to sushi after. She brought me home some sushi (as did Peter from Kroger) It was yummy.  I wish I could have gone, but I had a little thing today and spent the afternoon recouping. 

Tomorrow we're going to go camping with a couple of folks I know casually and another kid. I can hardly wait. Maggie and I have been looking so hard for people to ride with who have kids. We are going to the lake and I'm to bring my bike and swim suit too.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...