Thursday, July 5, 2007

Back to Work and Star Wars

Today I saw a new client for music therapy. It was great. When I got to his house he wouldn't look at me or interact with me. He just wanted to watch TV or play with his cars. I kind of followed him from room to room with my guitar singing and playing instruments quietly. It didn't take him too long to discover my drums and he seemed to be very pleased. We spent most of the hour playing drums and rhythm instruments. It was a great first session.

Then I saw my other client who I have seen before. We are working on reading song lyrics and he helped me work on the song sheets. We also played the drums and he did a great job of playing in rhythm today. It was very exciting b/c the last 2 weeks he's just been a passenger, but today he took charge a little.

Peter, Maggie and I went to see the Star Wars exhibit with our friend Alexa this afternoon. It was pretty cool to see all the costumes and various tools and models used in the production of the movies. I personally couldn't stand the first three movies...I prefer the original three, the ones from the 70's-80's, but the costumes were still very neat. There were lots of neat hands on tools and computer simulations. One thing I noticed was that my daughter was incredibly polite in a room full of people who just weren't. She waited her turn to play the different games only to be elbowed out by bigger boys (why is it always the boys?) whose parents didn't even make them behave. She couldn't work out the simulations herself for the kids telling her how to do it and then pushing her out of the way as soon as she remotely appeared to be done. One kid came up while she was still playing with something and started pushing the opposite buttons. Then his mom came up and pushed in between us...we werent' even done yet. I wanted to say "Excuse me, we were done" but I didn't, we just got up and left. Why are people so rude?

Then we went to dinner at Joe T. Garcia's, which is a restaurant everyone here really goes on about. I liked it ok, but it was expensive and the margaritas were small and not all that good. They were somewhat bitter. I really liked my fajitas though. I ordered sopapillas for dessert and they were way expensive! All in all, I'm glad I went, I won't fight going back, but I don't care if I get to go again. And, to make matters worse, I now have heart burn.

I guess that's enough for tonight. I always have more to say when I'm not sitting here writing, but now I"m just tired so it's time for sleep.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...