Monday, July 2, 2007

Vacation Destroyed by Rain

Well it's official...we're not going camping and riding b/c of rain. Fortunately, the powers that be at the state level, did give my friend, Bambi, back her money on the camp ground. For awhile it looked like they might stick her for the entire $600 for the week of camping while the trails were closed, but the park rangers intervened on her behalf and she's getting a refund. The natural area is in bad shape from all the rain.

We had planned to go Killeen to ride at Parrie haynes, but they are having the same kind of rain, so who knows what we'll do. at the moment we're looking at camping in Angelina National forest in a couple weeks and maybe it will have dried out by then. I hoped to take some centered riding lessons too, but they may get rained out too...what a drag.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...