Saturday, July 28, 2007

Finally, time for a longer note

This week has been crazy. It's been just like having a real job this week with getting up early, buzzing here and there and just generally staying busy. I've seen clients and go to the barn every day this week to help Tracy, the new girl, do her job. It's been a very active week. I go back tomorrow, but Jackie has said that she wants her to do it alone next week, so while I may stop in on her next week, I won't be running out there to do everything for her.

I've told Jackie that I'd be happy to do 2-4 days a month to deduct from my board like we used to do. It will be nice not to owe any money on the barn if she wants me to do it. I am not teaching as much as I'd like right now and I need to fill in the gaps. It doesn't do me much good to have more music therapy money if my other money drops off. I seem to be stuck at about $500/month for income. Of course, once school starts I may have more clients, massages may be picking up and I may have more students. sigh...

I'm sitting here at my desk writing notes for music and massage therapy. I had a client cancel on me again this week and it's so frustrating. IF I don't see them, I don't get paid. This client is an adult and she doesn't talk to me directly, but calls her mom to have her cancel the appointment. I guess when they get back from vacation I'll have to let them know that she is going to have to be consistent or the agency will take the service away from her. She has been having pain in her jaw and has finally gotten to a doctor. They are also trying to get her a massage consult, so she'd be another one I can see for 2 hours and I could go during the day which would be great for my schedule. I just have to get her on track. I have a horrid time making myself write my notes. I should write each one when I come home each day, but somehow it's easier to just get up on Saturday am and write them all and mail them.

We're off to see the new Harry Potter movie in a few minutes. Maggie has been in her room finishing the book off on CD. I wish that I could get her to actually read everything that she absorbs so well listening to. Some day there will be something she wants to read and it won't be available on CD...

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...