Monday, July 30, 2007

A small rant on people who want to take away my fun

I couldn't believe that I had people give me a hard time about Maggie's riding on the video. She did a funny mount on her horse where she switches feet in the air. It was borne out of necessity when she had a tricky piece of terrain and couldn't get her leg in the right place to get on the horse. So, she improvised. I thought it was so cute that I decided to go ahead and film her doing it on purpose b/c I thought it was funny. I had notes on one email list telling me how it was really dangerous and unfunny and they couldn't believe I'd let her do that. I thought that it wasn't that big of a deal. She isn't barrel racing without a helmet or anything, she's getting on her horse. Unfortunately, he horse did something it rarely does...walk off. But all she did was walk off. She didn't take off galloping. She just got bored with the filming and walked off. This horse is normally a rock solid standing horse, so in a way it just added to the funniness...and in the next frame she stood perfectly still. I dunno, maybe people just don't have a good sense of humor?

Today I had a tow truck come get my car and I rode my horse. Then I took Maggie and her friend Jennifer swimming and we played hard. I swam for an hour and half and then they swam another 45 minutes. Tomorrow I will have to see clients and Maggie will be with her dad. I hope to do some sewing and watching of TV I prefer not to share with Maggie (the end of Battlestar Galactica for example from the spring no less)

Wednesday and Thursday I'm going to help with the barn again. Today was Tracey's first day to do it completely alone and it was 3:15 and she was still less than half done with the stalls. I really like Tracy and I worry that she'll quit if it's too hard to get done in the right time frame. There is some speculation that Jackie should hire two people, but I don't know if she can afford to or not. I do think Tracy will have to get faster, but since I've never done the barn all alone, I don't know how possible it is. I like that we have someone working who speaks English! I don't care if they also speak spanish, but it's nice to have someone doing the work we can actually talk to. I can't help tomorrow, but I'll go on Wednesday and Thursday. I do know that I can clean more stalls in less time, but I have a routine and she may not yet. How long should it take? I don't have a clue.

Friday we are going trail riding and that will be fun. I haven't been out since we got home from Arkansas.

Heading to bed. More in the future.

1 comment:

Sailor said...

I wouldn't worry about uninformed comments. There aren't a lot of people out there that would know what to do on a horse even if they had a step ladder and a crane to help them get into position. Most people get all they know about horses and riding from Disney animations - where the horse is depicted as licking people like a big dog. It sounds like you and Maggie know what you are doing, so have a good time riding off into the sunset.

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...