Friday, July 6, 2007

Shopping, children and fun evening at home

Got up early this am to meet my friend Jackie and Cat for breakfast. We ended up spending the whole day shopping and hanging out and it was so much fun. Maggie and I bought cool shoes and neat purses. She bought clothes at a new store called Steve and Barry's. It was great fun. I'm not much of a shopper, but today was a lot of fun.

The new series of Doctor Who begins on Sci-Fi tonight. We've already seen it on DVD from the web, but it's going to be great fun to see it again.

I'm so bummed...ok, this is dumb and superficial...I want to see David Tennant's Blackpool. It's not listed on blockbuster.com, but I saw it on the list on Netflix, so I figured I"d sign back up for netflix so I could watch it and darn it! It's not been released yet. It's just in the save and release date not known...what a total bummer. Oh well, I'll cancel it again after summer is over and Maggie goes back to school. In the meantime we can watch extra movies or something...Maybe it will come out before the end of the summer. It was just on BBC america, but I missed it last fall. It figures...

Tonight my daughter came to see me in the kitchen. She was so sad and earnest and she told me that she didn't want to be 10 years old b/c it made her feel like she was too grown up. She says she doesn't want to get breasts and be grown up. I gave her a huge hug and told her that she would always be my little girl even when she had boobs and was a big kid. I told her that I was so happy that she talked to me about how she felt...She has been so sensitive about being away from home lately. I have been wondering if she's worried that some big, significant change will happen to her body and I won't be there. She's all tangled up with being this ultrapolite kid and a young lady and a little girl all at once. Poor thing. I wouldn't go back to that age for anything. I'm just so glad she feels like she can talk to me about stuff. I never felt like i could say much about stuff to my parents.

We didn't have any significant rainfall today. Whoohoo. I missed the weather so I don't know what the rainfall actually was, but if all holds up we might be able to ride somewhere by sunday. The vacation plans were completely rained out all the way around. Maggie is staying here with us until Monday night, when her dad will take her to visit grandparents for a week. I had thought i'd enjoy watching videos and being on my own for the week, b ut the bottom line is I'll end up working. Hopefully i can get my lessons back on track and get all my clients seen next week. I have a few things to do each day, so it will be hard to go ride. My week is all broken up. I am getting my hair cut (trimmed) on Wednesday and that may be the highlight of my week. I have one client a day on Wed-Friday and there will be two one of those days. busy, busy...money money...

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...