Thursday, August 23, 2007

Another day on vacation

Another day in our vacation...

Today we went to breakfast and then my dad took Maggie and I to a couple of colleges. He had heard from friends in the community that there was a need for college professors in the equestrian department b/c many of the folks who teach riding don't have Masters or PHD's. I didn't know if it was true, but I was willing to check it out as he was so insistent...well, it wasn't true. Steven's college is a small college in Columbia and they might eventually need help, but William Woods University in Fulton positively didn't need any staff. They must be a great place to work as they have only had one new teacher hired in the last 2-3 years with the reaminder of the staff having been there since the 80's. Both places were nice and took my resume, but I'm sure there isn't anything for me to do in either location.

On the way there I saw a sign for Mexico, MO and said something to my dad about some friends that he and mom had out that way. I can't remember their name, but I thought it was Curtis or something like that.I remember that they had a pony and once in a snow storm we tried to get on and off the pony and I feel off the other side into the snow. I don't think we ever did ride b/c none of us could get on. She was a gregarious, patient thing, but I didn't get to ride that day. I know they had a girl around my age, but I can't remember her name. Anyway, my dad says he's never known anyone in Mexico, MO, so now it's really bugging me. I'm going to have to ask my mom to see if it was somewhere else in the state. I just really thought it was Mexico b/c I thought we had joked about driving to Mexico. He thinks I dreamed it, but I know I didn't...just don't know who the people are.

Now we're back at dad's. He had to go to his bank for a couple hours. Shirley is eating lunch. Maggie is playing on my computer. I'm not really sure what you're supposed to do when you're at a parent's house with no "entertainment" I'm happy to read my book or surf, but it seems like I'm supposed to be interacting or doing something. I don't really travel enough to have good ettiquette in this department I guess.

Back to my book, the comfortable chair calls.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...