Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Next Morning...still tired

I slept till almost 10 am this morning. I never sleep late. I just don't find it possible. I must have been tired. I woke up at 6am when the dogs got restless but then I went back to sleep for almost 4 more hours. It was really cool to sleep that long.

Today we're going to go to Susan's to Kayak with Susan and her daughter, Diana. The lake has been so high that between Susan's trip to Costa Rica and the trip we haven't gotten to go on the water this year. It's hot (they say it's going to be 102 today) so it's a good day to be on the water. I do find myself wishing that I could just sit in my chair and veg out on TV all day. I know that I will be happy once I get out of the house, but right now sitting here seems better.

I guess I will visit the chiropractor this week sometime. My neck is killing me. It's all that time in the saddle sitting and not posting...Yesterday's ride was very slow. It should have been about 3-4 mph, but instead it was 2.5. We did 9.5 miles and had an average speed of 2.5 mph. We had a lot of climbing which did make it slow, but there was also a lot of standing around, talking, hanging out. It was fine for a pleasure ride, but I had hoped to keep everyone moving a little faster. As it was, some of the horses just weren't in shape for anything else, so it's just as well that we went slow.

Gotta get moving...

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...