Sunday, August 26, 2007

Last Day of Vacation

A lengthy post about my fun yesterday at Silver Dollar City will be coming once I get home, but not today. It will have to wait until I can really think about what to say b/c there are some really good stories to tell from my trip and I want to do them all justice. Today, I'm just tired and ready to be home. I haven't seen my horses for over 10 days. I haven't seen my husband in almost as long, or the dogs. Of the bunch the husband will be the most welcome sight, with horses and dogs lagging not far behind.

The worst part is that when we get back, Maggie has to turn around and leave almost immediately. Cat and I had plans to redecorate her room while she's gone. I don't know if we'll accomplish that or not, but I want to do something to that end. I figured I could at least get the pink, lower part of her wood painted to a nice green color while she's gone. IF it's not too hard I'll even get some of the wallpaper peeled, but I just don't know.

It hasn't been very restful on vacation. I have job interviews for 3 districts this week while I'm working on the people I have scheduled already. I have riding lessons to teach and I need to trim feet. I will definitely have to hit the ground running when I get home. One of the school districts holds my interest in particular, but I can't say more about it till I have the interviews. I can't believe I almost let my music therapy certification go last year and now I'm about to go back to work in the field.

This should be a lucrative financial year. It's my plan to pile up a bunch of cash and then pay off a bill or at least be able to quit worrying about what if the car breaks down or we need a new one. I'm planning to save about every dime (save tithing and some personal money) for a better future. I really want to pay off debt, but something tells me I may need a little extra cash in my immediate future, so I'm making a plan to do that first. Dave Ramsey says that you're better off piling up the cash and doing one thing at a time, and if you think there is something coming up in the future, better to pile up the cash first. I'd like to get one credit card paid off by Christmas, but piling up the cash may prove to be a better move in the short term...more on that later.

Today we went to church with my mom and then she made lunch. Now Maggie and the older cousins are playing, we watched The Incredible Journey (which always makes me cry) and I came in here to check on my maps, and write something...didn't mean to linger so long so I will go for now. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...