Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Fun day visiting an old friend

Joe told me if I'd come up to Denton he'd buy my lunch. Never one to resist a free lunch, I took him up on his invite. He took me to a really nice little restaurant off the square in Denton called Banter. He even has a menu item named after him. It was a very pleasant lunch, full of catching up.

I have included the link to Mr. Joe's website. Joe Pinson is the most talented music therapist I know. I did my internship with him in the early nineties in Denton, TX and Denton State School. I have learned so much from him through the years. Last winter he encouraged me to keep my music therapy certification up. I'm so glad I did as it has led to work the summer and into next school year.

Peter says I failed to mention that he came to the lake with us. Since it is truly momentous when we can get him out in public, I guess I should mention it here. Usually he prefers to stay home. Not only did he get on the lake with us...he actually seemed to be having a good time.

Last night I sent Maggie trail riding with Jackie, her daughter and some friends. I had to work, so I was unable to go, but she really wanted to go so I let her. It was a little nerve wracking sending my daughter off with friends to ride with friends without me being there. However, as no one died and everyone seemed to have had a good time, I can see that it's something I will have to grow used to. Fortunately, the act of letting her go, also makes me a cool mom.

We had one nice moment between us. Maggie unloaded a bunch of stuff out of my trailer that she wasn't supposed to and left it sitting out in the middle of the parking area. I got to the barn to let the horses in and saw it and was pretty steamed. When I confronted her with my disappointment, she didn't try to weasel out of the responsibility...she said that she had done it and was sorry b/c she just forgot. And it was in a good tone of voice. And she apologized again today. Makes my mother's heart proud...

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...