Wednesday, August 22, 2007

More travels in Missouri (AKA, the Missouri Tour 2007)

Sunday afternoon I was frustrated from being sleepy and wanting to read. I really enjoyed my entire visit with Susan and her mom and family, I was just so sleepy and wanting a nap and no one would let me sleep. No one would let me read, and no one would just leave me for a few minutes of introspection. The mood passed, but I'm sure a lot of it is just that while seeing friends and family is fun, it is also stressful.

I perked up and had supper with another friend, Sheri Mos (formerly Sheri Coonce in High School) and her daughter, Katie...who I kept called Kaitlyn for some dumb reason. Maggie and Katie immediately hit it off and had a pleasant chat. They got along so well, that I told Sheri Katie could come for part of next summer, so that may be fun. Sheri and I have a ton in common too, the most recent commonness coming from our current infatuation with David Tennant and Doctor Who. I bought the audio book from her that she sold on Ebay and was listening to it when I saw her on Sunday (I've since finished it and want to read more by the author: Christopher Brookmyre)

Monday Maggie and I went to Worlds and Oceans of Fun. Here is a brief history of the park that I grew up loving. I found this website where they talk about classic rides and attractions. I loved the Zambezi Zinger. This article says my favorite coaster went to Bogata Columbia and was renamed. I didn't have as much fun as I expected. I was disappointed about rides that were missing. it seems like the park was a lot smaller than when we were kids even though there are now oceans and words attached. I'm glad I went, but with Six flags in my own back yard, I admit the thrill just wasn't there.

I spent Tuesday with my friends Eric Nelson and Allison Boswell at their farm outside of Warrensburg, MO. We swam in their pool and road around the field on their horses. Maggie road a Deli clone named Rouge. She was really uncomfortable though b/c the saddle was too big and the stirrups too long. She just couldn't get comfortable. We had a nice supper, chatted for awhile and went to bed.

Now I'm at my dad's. I spent the afternoon trying to get my dad's router to connect with my wireless modem, but it never did work. I waited till everyone went to bed and now I'm writing a bit. I'm going to William Woods University to look at their equestrian program tomorrow and find out if they might perhaps be hiring. My resume looks pretty good and I bought some new Terrains for the occasion since I left my Tennis shoes at Eric's and didn't think that sandals were appropriate for the barn.

I've got my fingers crossed on the jobs up here, but interestingly enough, I have a couple school districts pursuing me for music therapy in Texas...so we'll just have to see what happens.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...