Thursday, August 9, 2007

Edelweiss, Edelweiss

Last night I went to dinner at a really great German restaurant in Ft. Worth. The service was terrible but the food was really good. I had a coupon from my Entertainment book that they refused to honor after I had ordered Maggie a full sized, expensive dinner, thinking it was going to be free. They said b/c our group had split checks that they didn't have to honor the coupons. I argued that the small print on the back page about no split checks was to prevent me and someone else that I was ordering with (buy one get one free) from splitting the remaining check between us. If I was on one check with my kid then my coupon should have been honored. They refused to even talk to me about this. They said they had rules about the checks being split up. I told them that I would report them to the entertainment book people, which I did...I have never had a restaurant be so stubborn. Most will at least pretend to do what you want while kindly being stubborn and refusing.

This has been a busy/stressful day. I have been angry a good portion of the day and yet I know being angry won't do me any good. Maggie and I are going trail riding tomorrow. We invited some friends to come with us. They then invited some more friends. It turned from a small group, to a much larger group. It turned from my party into someone else's party. One of the girls coming makes me pretty uncomfortable. She's 19 and thinks that she has the world by the tail. She hasn't been too kind to my daughter and worse, she insulted our horses. She said she didn't like Arabs. I told her that was OK since she'd have to find another horse to ride next time she needed an extra horse. My horses are very well trained. My daughter says this girl can't ride for squat.

I'm less upset now than I was, but I confess I stewed for most of the day. I am pretty anal about how I ride, and who I want to ride with. I like to be in a controlled, quiet, calm setting. I don't like riding with a bunch of yahoos. I feel safe within my parameters. I'm not a wimp, but I'm not reckless either. I was just really put off. Now I'm just hoping this girl doesn't turn up. Seems that she's not very consistent.

Off to bed. tomorrow is going to be a long day.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...