Thursday, August 16, 2007

Leaving town tomorrow

I should be packing up to go on my trip, but instead I'm sitting here watching mindless TV with Maggie. I'm mourning that the summer is almost over and I still feel like I haven't like I got to relax. I wanted to redecorate Maggie's room, and repaint the living room and just have some time to be home. I had planned to teach Maggie to sew and I had planned to clean out areas I don't normally clean.

Instead, I started working and spent a lot of time doing that instead. Of course, financially that is a good thing, but it would have been nice to have had a little free time to just veg. I promised Maggie that this summer wouldn't be crammed full, and it ended up being crammed full anyway.

So we're gone the next 10 days and then she goes with her dad to Nantucket and then she'll be back home and start school the next day. It's a lot of stuff to accomplish very quickly and I'm not excited.

In a little while I'm going to to go to a therapy appointment which will be good since in a month I'll get paid. I know that I don't want to go really, but in a month I'll be glad I went. I don't feel so great and just want to stay home.

I was bummed to find out that a group of folks from the barn went on the not yet open trails last night. I wasn't there and didn't know about it. I don't guess I could have made it anyway, but I really wish I could have ridden then. They have been telling everyone at the barn for 3 years that the trails will be open soon, but they aren't still. And they have more recently told us they would be open in July, but we had too much rain. So, now I'm wondering if they'll be open by Christmas. Last Christmas it was March (we had a work day the beginning of Dec. last year) Then in March it was July...I moved to this barn partly b/c there were going to be trails. For awhile we had a big field, but they closed that too b/c of the gas well/pipeline. So, here we are a year later, no trails. I keep hearing that it will be soon...yeah, ok, sure. I wonder what it takes to get the Corp moving on these issues. I like the barn and don't want to be anywhere else, but I wish the trails would open.

I need to get my clothes changes so I can get us out the door. I'm tired and cranky and don't want to go. Oh well...

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...