Thursday, August 16, 2007

I just don't want to go

I find that I am grouchy and I don't want to travel. I haven't packed my suitcase yet, though I have identified what is going to go with me. I'm tired and just want to stay home. I'm sure I'll be fine once I get where I'm going, but right now, it's not thrilling. I've got the last load in now. I'm not in a huge hurry to get out, but it will take me about 10 hours to get where I"m going so I figure I'd better go sooner than later in the morning. I will probalby leave home by 8 anyway. I'm sure it will be a fun week, but right now, it just seems tense. I have bills to pay and I don't have as much money to travel on as I'd planned b/c I had huge car repair costs last week. The good news is that I paid cash for $900 of the $1100 in repairs, but now I don't have a savings account. I have to pay Susan for the World's of Fun Tickets and there will be some meals out. I'm just feeling so strapped.

I'm beginning to look for ways to save money come the first of the school year. I'm thinking of ditching my health club membership (that I don't ever seem to use anyway) I love to swim but we dont' do enough of it. I have thought about saving that $63/month and then joining the Y next summer so we can get pool access again, but I can save the $63 in the mean time. I have always loved the idea that I would work out, but I haven't used the health club like I planned...or I can get the summer pool pass for us. The thing I like about the Maverick is that the pool opens earlier and stays open longer. I have also been doing massages up there (not a lot, but some) but now I'm thinking. I already dropped my blockbuster membership. I'm trying to shave some money off. Funny, now that I'm working and earning more money, I'm even less willing to spend it.

My immediate goal is to pay for all my equine expenses with my work. If I teach 10 lessons per month I've paid board, that's just a little more than 2 lessons per week, which I should be able to do. Then the other money pays for hay and grain and everything else. Theoretically I should be able to save up some money and then be able to start paying off bills.

Anyway, Peter is home and I must dash. More later. I'm just feeling kind of worn out and blah.

No comments:

Resuming my blog

 I used to write in here all the time.  I stopped b/c after doing facebook stuff it seemed unnecessary. But lately I have been wanting a for...